Ángela by Myriam Moscona


Ángela*

My father raises me to the emptiness
he makes me fall into the cliff.
I dream that the arms of all the men
receive me in the land
they kiss my shoulders
they protect the seed from the wings.

"Ángela, the harlot", their voices told me
while my body impregned of face up death
looks at my father
darkening the sky
with other vultures.


*English translation by Marjha Paulino

Ángela

Mi padre me eleva al vacío
me obliga a caer al despeñadero.
Sueño que los brazos de todos los hombres
me reciben en la tierra
besan mis hombros
protejen la semilla de las alas.

"Ángela, la meretriz", me dicen a voces
mientras mi cuerpo impregnado de muerte boca arriba
mira a mi padre
obscureciendo el cielo
con otros zopilotes.




Image: Rohan Daniel Eason


Myriam Moscona (1955) is a Mexican journalist, translator and poet in Landino and Spanish languages. She teaches at Miami University and she won in 1998 the Aguascalientes National Poetry Award, for her book Las Visitantes.

Comentarios

Entradas populares