Zurdera (Left handed)

Por Marjha Paulino

I carry the penance in my hand
I'm left handed from heart and the left guides me.
With that hand you are not supposed to write
The nuns told me in the catholic school.
I fought to cut
one
       two
               three
times the paper to do the animals
with some fur ended up seeing more realistic.
In the middle Ages the people thought that the left handed were from the devil.
I read about my involuntary difference.
2,500 left handed people die every year using products for right handed people.
And, where are all those articles full of our homicides?
At the end
you accept what you are
and I become a minority
and end up thinking
that, for me
Jesus is not at the right
but at the left hand of God.


Zurdera

La penitencia la llevo en la mano
soy zurda de corazón y la izquierda me guía
Con esa mano no se escribe
Me dijeron las monjas del colegio
Luché por cortar
una
        dos
                tres
veces el papel para hacer los animales
con pelitos terminaron viéndose más realistas
En la edad media creían que los zurdos eran del diablo.
Leía sobre mi diferencia involuntaria
2,500 zurdos mueren cada año usando productos para las personas diestras.
¿Y dónde están los ejemplares llenos de nuestros homicidios?
Al final
se acepta lo que se es
me vuelvo rebelde
siendo una minoría
y termino pensando
que para mí
Jesús no está a la derecha,
sino a la izquierda del Padre.


Image: Roland Topor

Comentarios

Entradas populares