One poem from Marina o arrullo para una mujer que no conoció el mar by Max Santoyo


I*
A new arrival wind from the sea, plays to be ignited on the hair,
and so, the moon play with a shoal of in love fish.
You dance with the wave's rhythm in the high tide,
with the tobacco’s color on the nipples
and the smell of coffee in the head.
I have decided to live up to the age of an old wood.

II
Welcome be today’s wind which hugs your damp body
eroding your skin,
a wind that now leaves dust from you.
A consolation in my hands.

III
Another day, in which living is a sweet reward
A salted wind defines me,
the boundaries of the face delimited in a water mirror.
The open spaces.
Between the buttons of the shirt,
your fingers play to be executioners.

IV 
Don’t leave me waiting.
A seagull looks for my head,
the light is floating in the white sand.
On the sidewalk a blue voices chorus lurks,
the mango pulp and the flower colors bring me the oblivion.
Think that there are those who build cages.

V
Someone told me the dead are nourished by the memories we keep for them
How then, if I lost the memory,
your ghost is still sleeping with the hands keeping the breasts,
in gardenia scent that has never been as deep as it is now.

VI
The dead do not disturb me.
One night, as the ancient heroes,
I met the lifeless mansion.
Your bedroom is deep blue.
Who had the arms of Prince Aeneas 
to swim across the center of hell.
Even though I am confused
I am conscious of the beginning.

VII
In your bedroom I met the coral comb
you use to smooth the sunset light.
Your hands offer me the secret of the sea water
which, in low voice,
asks if I have achieved the peace.
I drink coffee without sugar
and I hear God asking the answer to the mystery of the soul.

VIII
Tell me what is under the sea,
the place where the moon blooms,
where you love every blade of grass.
I imagine your breasts floating in the tide.
Seahorses kiss your eyelids.
You should be a mountain of air in this poem.

*Translation to English by Marjha Paulino




I
Un viento recién llegado del mar juega a prenderse en los cabellos,
así la luna juega con un cardumen de peces enamorados.
Bailas con ritmo de ola en la pleamar,
con color de tabaco en los pezones
y aroma a café en la cabeza.
He decidido vivir hasta la edad de un viejo bosque.

II
Bienvenido sea hoy el viento que abrazó tu cuerpo húmedo,
erosionándote la piel,
un viento que ahora deja polvo de ti.
Un consuelo en mis manos.

III
Otro día, donde vivir es una dulce recompensa.
Un viento salado me define,
las fronteras del rostro delimitadas en espejo de agua.
Los espacios abiertos.
Entre los botones de la camisa,
tus dedos jugando a ser verdugos.

IV
No me dejes esperando.
Una gaviota busca mi cabeza,
está la luz flotando en la arena blanca.
En la vereda acecha un coro de voces azules,
la carne del mango y el color de las flores me traen el olvido.
Pensar que hay quienes construyen jaulas.

V
Alguien me dijo que los muertos se nutren del recuerdo que les guardamos.
Cómo entonces, si perdí el recuerdo,
tú fantasma sigue dormido con las manos guardando los senos,
en aroma de gardenias que nunca fue tan penetrante como ahora.

VI
Los muertos no me inquietan.
Una noche, como los héroes antiguos,
conocí la mansión sin vida.
Tu recámara es de un azul profundo.
Quién tuviera los brazos del príncipe Eneas
para cruzar a nado el centro del infierno.
Aunque estoy confundido,
soy consciente del principio.

VII
En tu recámara conocí el peine de coral
con que sueles alisar la luz del atardecer.
Tus manos me ofrecen el secreto del agua marina
que, en voz baja,
pregunta si he logrado la paz.
Bebo café sin azúcar
y escucho a Dios preguntar la respuesta al enigma del alma.

VIII
Dime qué hay bajo el mar,
lugar donde florece la luna,
donde amas cada brizna de tierra.
Imagino tus senos flotando en la marea.
Caballos de mar besan tus párpados.
Deberías de ser una montaña de aire en ese poema.


Image: Alice B. Woodward



Max Santoyo (1972) is a Mexican editor and poet. He is the head lead of the publishing house El Principio del Caos, and he has published collections of poetry such as Marina o arrullo para una mujer que no conoció el mar, Un Grillo da la hora exacta, among others.

Comentarios

Entradas populares